Sunday, October 19, 2008

WHL and NCAA Update

I think this special has to be moved to every Sunday, considering I have just above 0 minutes to write this on Saturdays. Anyways, here's your update for the week:

WHL:
- The Spokane Chiefs are back on top, as of 4:12 Central Time today. They have 19 points through 12 games.
- The Vancouver Giants have the two league-leading scorers so far; Evander Kane has 9 goals and 22 points in 10 games, and Casey Pierro-Zabotel has 3 goals and 20 points, also in 10 games. Brandon Kozun of the Calgary Hitmen leads the league in goals, with 10.
- Spokane goaltender Dustin Tokarski, last year's playoff MVP, is currently the best goalie in the league, with 7 wins and only 1 loss.

NCAA:
- http://www.uscho.com/standings/index.php/type,d1.html for the standings.
- Player stats for 08-09 aren't up yet, but I'll post those as soon as I can.


Sorry for the shortness of today's post. I'll try and just post stories as I see them so I don't forget.

No comments: