- Chris Chelios is out at least 6 weeks with a fractured bone in his right leg after blocking a shot on Tuesday night in Montreal.
- Brad Isbister is not going to Binghampton (via Sportsnet):
Brad Isbister’s time with the Ottawa Senators organization has come to an end. The veteran forward did not report to the Binghamton Senators, despite being assigned to the AHL farm club last week.
Isbister remains under contract with the Senators, but the NHL club will loan him to a European club for the rest of the season if his agent can work out a deal.
If Isbister fails to land a job elsewhere, the Senators will likely suspend him.
- Michel Ouellet cleared waivers and has been assigned to Norfolk of the AHL. I'm surprised no team claimed him.
- The Hurricanes cut Justin Peters and Daniel Manzato.
- The Bruins cut Matt Lashoff, Martin St. Pierre, Jeff Penner and Tuuka Rask. St. Pierre must clear waivers.
- The Ducks cut Joakim Lindstrom, Drew Miller, TJ Trevelyan, Troy Bodie, Brennan Evans, Josh Green, and David LeNeveu
- The Canucks cut Cory Schneider, Alex Bolduc and Shaun Heshka
- The Penguins have placed forward Ryan Stone on waivers.