First of all, sorry for not getting this up yesterday. I had an incredibly busy schedule and there was no time to start writing. However, here are this weeks updates in the WHL and NCAA.
- Joel Broda of the Moose Jaw Warriors was the Boston Pizza Player of the Week in both the WHL and CHL after tallying 5 goals and 1 assist in 3 games.
- Brent Raedeke of the Edmonton Oil Kings signed a contract with the Detroit Red Wings. He obviously won't get any playing time this year, and might not even get an AHL call-up after the WHL season, but it obviously shows that this guy have potential if the Red Wings decide to sign him to an entry level deal.
- The Portland Winter Hawks acquired Joel Ridgeway from the Tri-City Americans. Ridgeway is an 18-year-old forward who last season scored 2 goals and 5 points in 46 games.
- The Lethbridge Hurricanes had two players sign entry level contracts with NHL teams. Skilled defenseman Luca Sbisa signed with the Flyers, while star forward Zach Boychuk got a contract with the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Justin Falk of last year's champion Spokane Chiefs was signed to an entry-level contract by the Minnesota Wild. The defenseman scored 26 points in 72 games and was +27.
- So far, little news has surfaced in Division I mens hockey. Notre Dame was voted to top their division, while Niagra was voted in theirs. Other top teams; Boston College, Colorado College, and Michigan. The favorite to win it all is Boston College.
Newfoundland Growlers and other new ECHL logos
14 hours ago